A student of Mary Star of the Sea High School must meet the following requirements for graduation.
NOTE: Participation in the graduation ceremony and receipt of a diploma are privileges, not rights. The school reserves the right to deny participation in graduation and to deny a diploma. Any student subject to such penalties will be granted a transcript, in accordance with the requirements of California law.
- Students must complete a minimum of 240 credits. Each core class completed with a passing grade is equivalent to 5 credits per semester.
- Students must take one English and one Religion class each semester.
- Any student who has not received credit for a semester class must make up the proper credit in summer school at Mary Star of the Sea High School before returning the following September.
- Each student must complete 80 hours of Christian Service under the direction of the Christian Service coordinator.
- There is a $250.00 per semester fee for zero period classes.
|Credits Required For Graduation |
|English ||4 years ||40 Credits |
|Religion ||4 Years ||40 Credits |
|Mathematics ||3 Years ||30 Credits |
|Social Studies ||3.5 Years ||35 Credits |
|Science ||2.5 Years ||25 Credits |
|World Languages ||2 Years ||20 Credits |
|P.E./Health ||1 Year ||10 Credits |
|Visual and Performing Arts ||1 Year ||10 Credits |
|Electives ||3 Years ||30 Credits |
|Total ||240 Credits |