Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities include:
• October 3 - Sunday, 1:45PM - 3PM: Pro Life Chain. Meet at Mary Star of the Sea Church, 870 W. 8th Street and process to 9th and Gaffey. This is a silent witness to the sanctity of every human Life. Sign in at Parish parking lot. (5 Volunteer Hours for both students and parents)
• October 4 - Monday, 6PM Junior Parent Night. Important information regarding upcoming academics, spiritual and recreational activities for the Junior Class. Meet in the lunch area. Sign in with Mr. Nguyen. (2 Parent Volunteer Hours).
• October 7 and 8 - Thursday and Friday, drop off between 7:30AM – 11AM – Senior Day of Prayer/Senior Color Day Luncheon: Help us celebrate the Senior Class with homemade baked goods (cookies, cupcakes, brownies, etc.) to serve at Retreat Lunch and Senior Color Day luncheon. (Every Dozen = 1 Parent Volunteer Hour)
• October 11 - Monday, 6PM Sophomore Parent Night. Important information regarding upcoming academics, spiritual and recreational activities for the Sophomore Class. Meet in the lunch area. Sign in with Mr. Nguyen. (2 Parent Volunteer Hours)
• October 20 - Wednesday, 7PM – College Night for Parents: Parents will learn about the current details regarding preparing for and applying for college. Sign in at the lunch area with Mr. Mendoza. (3 Parent Volunteer Hours)
• October 8, 22, 29 - Football Fridays: Football Home Game Volunteers Needed. Contact Mr. Beza or Click Here to see opportunities.
• October 26 and 30 - Homecoming Week Volunteer Opportunities. Contact Ms. Emnace or Click Here to see opportunities
• In addition to water, (CASE = 24 BOTTLES) the following serve for Parent Volunteer Hours:
o Coke, Diet Coke, & 7-Up ONLY (24 cans = 1 Hour)
o Vitamin Water (24 bottles = 1 Hour)
o Gatorade (24 bottles = 1 Hour)
o Arizona Tea Variety Pack (24 bottles = 1 Hour)
o Snapple - (24 bottles = 1 Hour)
o Chicken flavored cup-of-soup (24 cups = 1 Hour)
Volunteers are a vital part of the school community and we truly appreciate your help. If you have questions regarding volunteer hours, please contact the Main Office at 310-547-1138.
Cases of water are always needed for the many events at school. Dasani, Sparkletts, Crystal Geyser, Arrowhead, and Aquafina are the only brands that will be accepted. Name brands only please. For every case of water, you will receive 1 volunteer hour.Please be aware of possible volunteer opportunities to gain hours by checking the monthly calendar on the web site.
You may only work those events that are authorized by the school. Time sheets are due on or about the 5th of each month. Download a Time sheet PDF.
Volunteers are a vital part of the school community and we truly appreciate your help. If you have questions regarding volunteer hours, please contact Mrs. Alves at 310-547-1138 or by email.
Please download the time sheet to keep track of your volunteer hours