To all Faculty, Students and Parents:
The Opportunity Drawing supporting A Night of a Thousand Stars is ready to kick off and all are invited to begin participating right away. Again, we have four great prizes for those purchasing opportunity tickets to win:
- Grand Prize: Hawaiian Vacation – A gift from the William H. Hannon Foundation
- Second Prize: $500 Cash – Graciously provided by Mary Star of the Sea Parish
- Third Prize: Las Vegas Getaway – Courtesy of Cassis Travel of San Pedro
- Fourth Prize: 4 Disneyland tickets and parking pass – Anonymous
Want to purchase a Sheet now? Please click HERE to print out a sheet of tickets. Just print out the form, and fill in the information. Mail back tickets to:
Opportunity Ticket Raffle
Mary Star of the Sea High School
2500 N. Taper Ave.
San Pedro CA, 90731
If you mail your tickets back before March 22 you will receive 10 additional tickets free. (We will fill them out for you if we receive them before March 22).
Ticket prices are as follows: $10 each / 3 for $20 / 10 for $50. When a full sheet is ordered in one name before March 22, he/she will receive 2-for-1...Mary Star will give 2 tickets for the price of one if you meet the deadline.
Each student is required to sell at least one sheet of ten tickets. Parents will be billed for unsold raffle tickets. But don’t stop there. We also have great incentives for students and homerooms. Here is how it works: Simply sell tickets and return the completed tickets and money to the main office. Incentive prizes are based on total dollar sales and are as follows:
- Top 25 sellers get Day Off School! (must sell minimum of 5 sheets of tickets)
- AND IF the school meets a goal of selling 1500 sheets of tickets – A Day Off for Entire School!!! (Average of only three sheets per student!)
- 1 Week of Special Dress – to every student that sells 5 sheets
- Top Selling Homeroom for the months of February, March and April receive a Pizza Party
- Top Selling Student will receive two tickets to Disneyland
Receive 10 Parent Volunteer Hours for 10 Opportunity Ticket letters!!!
Here’s how: Simply have students bring to school:
- 10 envelopes with postage stamps attached
- Address each envelope to a different relative or friend
- Have students bring the 10 addressed/stamped envelopes to Religion Class = 10 Parent Service Hours!!!
- The actual letters will be composed in class and will be mailed with a sheet of Opportunity Tickets. (addresses will not be saved by school)
BONUS TO INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES: Sell 5 sheets and families will also earn $50 toward their Fundraising Obligation. For each additional sheet over five, families will receive $5 toward their fundraising obligation. Any student/family who sells 20 or more full sheets will receive a $100 additional credit toward their fundraising obligation!
Help your ticket buyers double their chances of winning. RETURN YOUR FULL SHEETS OF TICKETS AND MONEY BY MARCH 22 AND THEIR CHANCES OF WINNING WILL DOUBLE. Please support this ticket drive!
The Opportunity Drawing will be held on May 4, at A Night of a Thousand Stars gala which will be held at this year on the Mary Star of the Sea High School campus, 2500 N. Taper Ave, San Pedro, CA. The winners need not be present at the gala to win. Help make this year’s event the best ever. Please help us as we work to provide scholarships, academic and athletic enrichment with this fundraiser. Best of luck to all of you!
Thank you for your participation and God Bless,
Rev. Nicholas Tacito, O.Praem