International Students Admission Information
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
MSHS does not require TOEFL, SLEP, or SSAT scores, however, students are expected to be proficient in English in order to apply for an I-20.
To obtain an interview, we require the following:
- Create an Account and Complete the Application (please include student’s English name)
- $75 application fee
- Copy of transcript of most current grades, translated into English
- Letter of Recommendation OR Discipline Clearance Letter from current school. Discipline Clearance Letter from current school is required if student currently attends a school in the United States.
- Current immunization record translated into English (immunizations required by the state of California may be received within two weeks of arriving to the United States). A negative Tuberculosis skin test within 60 days prior to arrival must be submitted to the school.
- The interview format is a video Skype, WeChat, or Zoom interview with our principal, Ms. Dever. It takes about 15 minutes.
Upon acceptance, you will work through the Department of Catholic Schools to obtain your I-20. This requires a separate application and fee.
Application for an F-1 student visa:
- International students must have an offer of acceptance from Mary Star of the Sea High School.
- A signed I-20 application will be emailed to you with the acceptance letter. The three forms: Cover sheet, application, and Host Family, must be completed and emailed or mailed back to the registrar at Mary Star of the Sea High School.
- The payment to the Department of Catholic Schools, as outlined on the Cover Sheet, must be received before the application will be processed along with:
- Photocopy of a valid passport.
- A copy of the student’s most recent transcript, translated into English.
- Proof of financial responsibility: most recent bank statement or certified letter stating the account balance.
- Money order or cashier’s check with the application fee payable to: Department of Catholic Schools. No cash, personal checks, credit/debit cards or electronic payments will be accepted.
- An incomplete application will not be processed.
- Once the application has been approved, a copy, in color, will be emailed to the student’s family or agent for the visa interview.
- Once the student passes the interview and intends to enroll at Mary Star of the Sea High School, the online enrollment paperwork must be completed and the registration fee submitted to hold the student’s spot.
- Allow two weeks for application processing.