A Look Forward
The Dream Continues at the New Mary Star
Completion of the New Campus
The new Mary Star of the Sea High School campus is situated at 2500 North Taper Avenue in the northern section of San Pedro, California. Phase I is comprised of a 36,511 square-foot two-story concrete masonry unit (CMU) classroom building and a 10,416 square-foot metal gymnasium building with an adjacent 5,208 square-foot CMU locker building. This phase includes landscaping alongside the main classroom building, gymnasium building, two asphalt paved parking lots and a sports practice field. A priest/faculty housing complex is located at the east side of the site.
Current and Recent Projects
As a communal effort between Parish, Alumni, Faculty and “Star Supporters,” Mary Star of the Sea High School moved to its new 27-acre facility in November 2007. Continuously, the Development Office works to benefit the school and students through fundraising and grant writing. Each year, money raised supports academic and athletic enrichment programs, tuition assistance, debt reduction, and technological infrastructure.
Since the opening of the campus, new projects completed include:
- Addition of 4 side basketball hoops in the gym
- Front Entrance Beautification Project
- New Electronic Scoreboard at Daniels Field
- New Flagpole with American flag
- New athletic weight room and practice field for football and soccer
- Prayer garden for students
- Student organized planting of 100 trees on campus
- Dedication of new statues of Mary, Mother of Sorrows and St. Joseph on campus
- New softball field on campus
With new academic facilities on a peaceful 27-acre campus, there is room to grow. Future phases of the project are conceptually planned for an administration building, a library, a chapel, a football/soccer/track stadium, a permanent multi-purpose building, a baseball field, a soccer field, an additional asphalt parking lot and auto-irrigated landscaping throughout the entire campus.
to see how you can help!